Level-Up Your Leg Day With this Lower-body Workout
It’s often said that you shouldn’t skip a leg day, and for solid reasons! Lower-body workouts are an important aspect of a balanced, whole-body fitness routine that builds strength, speed, and stability.
Working your leg muscles which include, quads, hamstrings, and glutes with exercises like the ones below, helps build your body’s balance, strength, speed, and stability and even can have added health benefits like improving bone strength and alleviating lower back pain. Since they are such large muscles, staying consistent with leg workouts is essential to your overall fitness.
Working your legs can help to release stress-reducing hormones such as cortisol, testosterone, and HGH. Cortisol helps your body respond to stress and metabolize fat. Testosterone helps your body repair muscle proteins and build skeletal muscle. HGH promotes muscle growth, boosts immunity, and also helps to metabolize fat.
This quick and effective lower-body workout is sure to level up your leg day. So, be sure to save this if you're looking for a workout next time you're at the club. If you have any questions on any moves or equipment, make sure to ask a staff member!
- Warm up for 5-10 minutes by walking, jogging, or cycling
- Start with performing 1-3 sets of each movement, for an extra challenge aim for 5
- After you have completed the session, finish with 10 minutes of lower body stretches
- Pile dumbbell squat: 15 reps
- Dumbbell romanian deadlift: 15 reps
- Dumbbell rear lunge: 12 reps/ leg
- Leg press: 10 reps
- Stationary bike: 12 minutes
- Avoid overtraining your quads.
- Balance your routine to target your glutes and hamstrings as well.
- If your legs are still extremely sore from your last workout, listen to your body and maybe go for a long walk or do upper body instead.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.